Dec 28, 2016
6 Tips to Help You Crush it Into the New Year
Share this blog post
For most of us, 2016 was a year of both challenges and triumphs alike. We pushed through some difficulties, cherished the good times, and found ourselves stronger at the end. We continued to learn from our mistakes, both in our lifestyles and our habits. Here are six straight-forward healthy living tips from our TITLE team member, Michael Yabut, to help you roll into the New Year a little bit happier and healthier than you left 2016. We bet it’s going to be the best year yet!
1. Eat something small and nutritious before attending events. A smoothie with healthy fats is a great choice. See previous blog for healthy fats.
2. Stay active on your workout routine. No excuses!
3. Practice mindfulness. Take a few breaths before each bite and enjoy every flavor. Smell your food to activate your digestive system. Think about how much food you need to feel energized and satiated. Stop there.
4. Don’t let one bad decision turn into a snowball effect, get right back to it!
5. Be the life of the party. It’s hard to stay people-focused if you are uncomfortably full.
6. Change your mindset. You CAN have anything you want. Don’t say, “I can’t eat that.” You choose not to so you can achieve your life and fitness goals. Taking the bigger picture into account before a party is always helpful. Sure you can overindulge at the dessert table, but how will that affect the rest of your evening, next workout or following day? Is it really worth it? Very rarely does someone say, “I really regret not eating that cookie.” It’s usually the other way around. – Aimee Adams
Manager of Product & Experience