While pre-workout nutrition varies from person to person, it is important to have fuel in your tank before crushing a class with us at TITLE Boxing Club Greensboro or pressing play on a TITLE On Demand at-home workout.
The further away from your boxing or kickboxing class, the more complex your pre-workout meal can be. As your workout gets closer, you want to shift towards easy-to-digest options.
Here are some examples of pre-workout meals and snacks that will give your body the boost of energy it needs for your TITLE Boxing Club Greensboro class:
If your boxing or kickboxing class starts within 2+ hours:
- Sandwich with roasted turkey or meat alternative and a side of vegetables with hummus or guacamole
- Eggs, sweet potato, and fruit
- Chicken sausage or meat alternative, rice or quinoa, and roasted vegetables
If your boxing or kickboxing class starts within 2 hours:
- Sandwich with nut or seed butter and fruit preserves
- Smoothie made with whey or plant-based protein powder, frozen fruit, frozen zucchini, a shake of cinnamon, and a dash of vanilla. Use water, milk, or a dairy-free milk alternative as your base. Try this Coconut Chocolate Zucchini Smoothie from Ambitious Kitchen!
- Oatmeal topped with fruit and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
Photo courtesy of Ambitious Kitchen
If your boxing or kickboxing class starts within an hour or less:
- Protein bar
- Greek yogurt with granola
It’s important to listen to your body and experiment with what pre-workout nutrition works for you. Keep a snack in your boxing bag and you’ll always be prepared to knock out a TITLE Boxing Club Greensboro workout!
Book a class at TITLE Boxing Club Greensboro now.